We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
1. Who can use AfterClass
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
• Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
• Provide accurate information about yourself.
• Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
• Not share your password, give access to your AfterClass account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make AfterClass broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use AfterClass if:
• You are under 13 years old (or the minimum legal age in your country to use our Products).
• We've will disable your account for violations of our Terms or Policies.
• You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
2. What you can share and do on AfterClass
We want people to use AfterClass to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
1. You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
• That violates these Terms, and other terms and policies that apply to your use of AfterClass.
• That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
• That infringes or violates someone else's rights, including their intellectual property rights.
2. You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
3. You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
We can remove or restrict access to content that is in violation of these provisions. If we remove content that you have shared in violation of our Community Standards, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
We also can remove or restrict access to your content, services or information if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate adverse legal or regulatory impacts to AfterClass.
3. The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
1. Permission to use content you create and share: Some content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws.
You own the intellectual property rights (things like copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create and share on AfterClass. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a ‘license’) to use this content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our Products and services as described in Section 1 above.
Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content. This means, for example, that if you share a photo on AfterClass, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other AfterClass Products you use. This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems.
When you delete content, it’s no longer visible to other users, however it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems where:
• immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations (in which case, your content will be deleted within a maximum of 90 days from when you delete it);
• your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it (in which case this license will continue to apply until that content is deleted); or
• where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to:
• investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our Products or systems);
• comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
• comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency;
in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
2. Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken on AfterClass next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your friends that you are interested in an advertised event or have liked a Page created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on AfterClass. Ads like this can be seen only by people who have your permission to see the actions you've taken on AfterClass. You can learn more about your ad settings and preferences.
3. Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install updates to the software where available.
4. Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share on AfterClass), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.